My Main Tasks
- Design and run bioassay experiments e.g. take up 3-4 hours with different incubations times
- Lead team of analysts to transfer methods from one site to another
- Prepare and review documents e.g. stability protocols, validation, shelf life extension and transfer documents
- Troubleshoot and investigate analytical method if there is an issue/problem with results
- Use statistical software to analyse and trend product data to ensure the product is stable and behaving as expected
- Go to meetings with team and discuss items that require resources, escalation items and identify areas for improvement.
- Attend training and conferences to maintain skills and upskill in new areas.
Fast Paced environment and need to learn to think on your feet. It also requires a problem-solving mind as we encounter problems all the time and need to adapt and find the solution as they arise.
Who Influenced Me
I was always interested in Science and wanted a job that was challenging but also provided flexibility in working hours
I have permanent job, with pension and health benefits along with opportunities for progression. I am empowered to participate in voluntary exercises such as this which allows me to give back to the surrounding community. Sometimes, critical work deadlines require overtime but this is a rare occurrence. Most times, I can work flexible hours to be able to attend classes or appointments etc.
Most Useful Aspects of my Education
Msc in Biotechnology as it included a 6-month work placement in a biopharmaceutical.
Useful Work Experience
3rd year college placement as part of the Degree course in a biopharmaceutical which provides 3-6months work experience including a project/thesis for college. This will provide practical experience in the industry and develop contacts that will help with future employment opportunities
Pick a college course that offers a work experience or industry placement where possible. Practical experience is worth a lot!